Thrill of the Grill (TOTG) is a popular community event organized by the Danforth Business Improvement Area to showcase its merchants and excellent eateries, and to raise funds for kidney cancer research. This year will feature a celebration of fathers and father figures. It will be held June 17, 2017, noon to 4 p.m.
All-inclusive $20 tickets go on sale May 17!
- NEW FOR 2017 - My pop is tops contest to crown the King of the Grill - to honour Danforth’s and Toronto’s most deserving dad/father figure.
- NEW FOR 2017 - Broader menu featuring more choices from the Grill (beef, chicken, fish, ribs etc.) Participants will be able to sample signature dishes from the Danforth BIA’s best restaurants and food shops.
- NEW FOR 2017 - Jack Daniel’s Cocktail contest featuring Whiskey Sour recipes by members where participants will vote for the best cocktail to be the Danforth Thrill of 2017.
- The Food Network’s Chef Lynn Crawford will co-host with Tommy Smythe of HGTV Canada and House and Home magazine. The event is chaired by Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Kidney Cancer specialist, Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook
- TOTG has raised more than $120,000 for kidney cancer research since 2012.
Now in its eighth year, TOTG features local chefs from five Danforth restaurants, a new fish market and one butcher shop in a showcase of great BBQ dishes celebrating dads and father figures.
This year’s restaurants include Allen’s, The Combine Eatery, Factory Girl, Globe Bistro, The Edmund Burke, de la mer fish market, and butcher The Meat Department.
Our Celebrity Judging Panel includes Chef Lora Kirk, Ruby WatchCo; Geoff Rohoman, 680 News; Norm Wilner of Now Magazine; and Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Odette Cancer Centre.
Sponsors include Sunwing Vacations, Loblaws, Royal Bank, Pfizer Onoclogy, Toronto Star, Now Magazine, Rosedale Livery, Eska Water, Gnarly Head Wines, Steam Whistle Beer, Second Cup, Kamado Joe BBQ and Neal Brothers kettle chips.
The Danforth BIA works with more than 350 merchants, restaurants and services to provide a unique, urban shopping, dining and entertainment experience at the west end of Danforth Avenue (Broadview and Danforth).